Friday, December 10, 2010

'Tis the Season to Set Something on Fire and Collect the Insurance

... because nothing says Christmas like a burning tree in the living room.  Maybe that's just me.

But I am feeling all filled with the holiday spirit.  Probably because I haven't forgotten to send out Christmas cards yet (I still have at least a week to buy some and mail them), I still have a week or two to start my Christmas shopping (I will try not to think about last year when due to a series of miscommunications, I ended up at my brother's house on Christmas Eve WITHOUT ANY PRESENTS to give anyone), and I haven't thought about murdering anyone for like... hours, at least.

Yep.  I am practically dripping with holiday cheer.

So last night I finally got my early Christmas present to myself.

I didn't get a fancy camera.  I didn't get an iPod (still).  I didn't get the AC fixed on my car.  I didn't get the $400 sweater that I want for some reason.  I didn't even get a pet octopus (someday).

Nope.  What I got for Christmas was my two back teeth.

Horray for dental work during the holidays!

And here's to having two pretty new crowns, the ability to chew food on the right side of my mouth, and being able to drink cold liquids!

So, yeah.  Still not feeling it, I will admit.  But two awesome things are transpiring that I hope will make things all better:


  1. It turns out that this year, for the first time ever, I don't have to work during the company furlough.  I will have 11 days IN A ROW where I don't have to do anything.  Not only that, but I won't have to go to the creepy office all by myself.  No cold dark lonely holiday cubicle for me!  How freaking awesome is that!?
  2. I am headed to Phoenix for the weekend!  Nothing says "Christmas" like palm trees and saguaro cacti (also, go me for being able to spell saguaro on the first try!)

Now all I have to do is work all day, and survive the new TSA screening at DIA.


Here's to not stabbing anything!

No comments: